Does the Coronavirus create panic or make you fearful? Are you prepared to face a crucial survival situation due to a pandemic, food shortage, civil chaos, or other scenario? There is no need to fear or panic if you are prepared. Discover all the skills you need in CIVARA Academy’s Survival Training School (STS) – only 8-student slots are available for each course.
The Academy teaches what is needed to stay alive in any survival situation and the skills to master for enduring almost any ordeal. The skills and principles needed are all taught, along with many others, at our survival training school in southern Colorado at 7,000 feet beginning with a 3-day introductory ‘fun-shoot‘ course and followed by other 3-day and 7-day courses thereafter. Our main course categories include:
- System Interdependence
- Equipment Choices
- Defensive Pistol
- Active Shooter Awareness
- Home Defense
- 7-Day Tactical Pistol Course
Black Rifle (carbine/AR-15/M-4 type)
- Defensive Rifle
- Home Defense
- 7-Day Tactical Black Rifle Course
- Urban Combat Course
Short to Extreme Long Range (ELR) Precision Sharpshooting (100 to 2000+ yards)
- Beginning Short Range (0-300 yards)
- Mid-range (300-600 yards)
- High Angle Precision (100-600 yards)
- Long Range (600-1,000 yards)
- Extreme Long Range (ELR: 1,000 – 2,000+ yards)
- Counter-Sniper Techniques
- 12 different Professional Sniper Qualification Courses
- Civil War and Chaos
- Long-term Preparedness
- Natural Disasters
- Potential Disasters
- Precautionary Measures
- Strategic Home Defense/Invasion
- More, . . .
- Civil Chaos/War Response
- Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP)
- Guerilla Warfare
- Hand-to-Hand Combat
- Homeland Security (HLS)
- Map and Compass
- Strategic Planning
We have so much to teach that our courses are comprised of six phases and more than 40 separate modules. We also offer private, as well as very specialized courses such as sniper operations and entry. A partial list of courses include:
- Map and Compass,
- Living off the Land,
- First Aid,
- Entry Rifle (black rifle/AR15/M4/…),
- Combat Pistol,
- Sharpshooting to 2,000 yards,
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (HTHC),
- Street Attacks and Crimes,
- Guerilla Warfare,
- Home Protection/Defense,
- Armed Vehicle Defense,
- Active Shooter Response,
- Food Storage,
- Responding to Civil Chaos,
- Atmospheric Rivers (formerly called ark storms)
- Civil War,
- Strategy (all topics), and much more.
The student will discover a variety of skill sets in each course. Being prepared means not panicking. Please note that permission from chief instructor is required to sign up for any course. Please contact us for more information.
NEVER PANIC IN A CRISIS SITUATION!
Discover what Bear Grylls knows and make 007 envious!
As a note, for clients in Europe, Eurasia, and Asia, we work in cooperation with our sister company – Challenger Group.
Chief Instructor Bio
Our chief instructor was raised on Big Cypress Reservation in the Florida Everglades. As a boy, he earned money wrestling alligators and training horses. He has worked in a variety of positions (Strategist; Technical Projects Director; Chief Technology Officer; Federal Scientist; and as Vice President for a large consulting firm). He holds B.S., M.S., Ph.D., and M.A. degrees (the latter and most recent in International and Homeland Security Studies from the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School). Since ending his military service in intelligence and completing college, he has also been involved extensively in water, food, and energy security on a global scale and related counterintelligence and counter-terrorism issues including response. He works using a 3D, systems thinking approach. When asked what he does, he simply says, “I am a teacher.”
Our chief instructor has served as team lead in the Middle East Peace Process working in water and energy resources and solutions with the Israeli’s, Palestinians, and Jordanians, as well as serving as technical advisor for Romania on environmental-security protocols in its attempt to join the European Union, which was successful in January 2007. He has worked extensively in the U.S., China (various ministries), Europe (Germany, Hungary, and Romania), and Central and South America (Ministries of Defense and large city governments in Brazil, Chile, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Nicaragua). Additionally, he has authored 2 texts, 7 other books, 59 peer-reviewed articles, and served as major professor for 53 Master’s and Doctoral students at 8 different universities including HoHai University in Nanjing, China and Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas (UCA) in San Salvador. This does not include working with SOF groups and others globally as an instructor for long-range shooting, combat techniques, and unarmed combat, as well as other duties, which remain classified.
Despite his accomplishments, his passion, since learning tracking, shooting, and guerilla warfare on the reservation since the age of five, has been sharing the skill sets needed to survive in any situation and he has been in some very dire ones. He has thus, taught them (survival, shooting, hand-to-hand combat, and much more) all over the globe.
In addition to his academic credentials, he has, for over 30-years taught martial arts and hand-to-hand combat in Kenpo and other styles, logging over 18,000 teaching hours. He has received instruction in nearly every major style of martial art including Ed Parker’s Kenpo, Tae Kwon do, Shotokan, Goju-ryu, Shito-ryu, Ishin-ryu, Kung Fu, Kobudo, Iaido, Judo, Kali, boxing, Shorin-ji Kempo, Krav Maga, and Uechi-ryu. Dr. Tindall received his formal training in Ed Parker’s Kenpo System under Mr. Stephen M. Snelson and Master Edmund K. Parker. In addition to his 9th degree black-belt in Kenpo, he also holds advanced black belt ranking in Kobudo (3rd black), Judo (4th black), Goju-ryu (4th black), Iaido (5th degree), Kung Fu (3rd black), and a 5th degree ranking in Shotokan. With these skills, he rebuilt the WWII version of ‘kill or be killed’ hand-to-hand combat into a much more lethal system, which is taught in our Survival Training School.
- For 17 years he taught wilderness survival, elevating it to a knife and blanket only scenario; he has continued that training and teaching long since. Along with all of this, he has shot since he was five years old and was instructed by the best instructor in all of the armed services, before or since, working with the U.S. Army Marksmanship Training Unit and U.S. Army Rifle Team.
- Teaches marksmanship, hand-to-hand combat, and evasion to special operations groups globally — primarily Europe, Middle East, and Latin America — most recently in Turkey and Switzerland. His PhD in physics and engineering, when combined with long-range sharpshooting, makes him an entirely different kind of instructor and adversary behind a rifle.
- Top ranked pistol and sharpshooting instructor to 2,000m plus.
- Hand-to-Hand combat instructor to civilians and LE, using empty hand, knives, and firearms against both armed and unarmed opponents, i.e., unarmed take down and incapacitation of well-armed opponents.
- Counter terrorism and Homeland Security Expert for wide variety of LE groups to include terrorist recognition.
- Guerilla warfare and counter-insurgency instructor in Latin America.
- 17 years wilderness survival training instructor in shelter, fire, water, food, security, escape and evasion, and more.
- Trains SWAT teams in tactics for entry and marksmanship.
- Map and compass expert (Orienteering Instructor) — find your way without GPS – you will need to!
- 9th Degree Black Belt in combat martial arts and advanced black belts in 4 other systems including Iaido (Iaijutsu), Kobudo, Goju-Ryu, Judo, and White Crane Kung Fu.
- Renowned trainer and speaker.
- Close Quarters Battle (CQB – armed against armed opponents)
- Close Quarters Combat (CQC – hand-to-hand combat unarmed against armed and unarmed opponents)
- Combat Kenpo (street style combat – empty hand, edged, and blunt weapons)
- Combat Pistol (defense/aggression tactics, combat draw, marksmanship, entry)
- Critical Infrastructure cascading failures and effects on survival
- Entry (structure) strategy and technique for LE
- Iaido (Samurai Swordsmanship – Daito and Shoto)
- Kenpo Karate (Parker System, Rank 9th degree black belt)
- Kobudo (Sai, Tonfa, Bo, Kama, Jo, Nunchaku, Nichogama, and Katana/knife)
- Long-Range Rifle Sharpshooting (300-2,000 yards, all aspects of precision marksmanship including camouflage and field craft)
- Professional Speed-Strength Trainer (of pro and mid-level athletes and pro trainers)
- Orienteering (Map & Compass)
- Short Range Rifle-Target Interdiction & Hostage Extraction (0-300 yards, entry, dynamic move marksmanship)
- Wilderness First Aid
- Wilderness Survival (arid, semi-arid, high altitude, arctic, plains, and swamp)
The following courses are taught with a focus on system interdependence in the real world and how related principles, concepts and ideas work toward effective implementation of solutions. He is far ahead of his time, having discussed the ramifications of a pandemic like the Coronavirus, but potentially more deadly, with instructors at the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School and professionals at CDC in 2006.
Homeland Security (HLS):
- Critical Infrastructure: Protection and Interdependency of Complex Systems
- Critical Infrastructure Cascading Collapse due to Natural Hazards, Pandemic Disruption, and Warfare
- Domestic Terrorism
- Environmental Warfare
- Global Resources & International Security: Economic, Environmental, and Physical Warfare Processes
- Homeland Security Enterprise
- Homeland Security Professional Development
- Homeland Security – Role of Complex Systems
- Intelligence Analysis – Target Centric for LE and HLS
- Leadership, Management, and Strategy in HLS Organizational Policy and Governance
So, our students are not just getting an instructor, but a world-class teacher!