The privacy of our website visitors is especially important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what we will do with your personal information.
Collecting personal information
When you register for any of our products or services on CIVARA.com/Academy you will provide us information about yourself. When you visit CIVARA.com/Academy, we may collect:
- Information about the device you access our site with including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system. We do this because our site is responsively coded to detect the type of device accessing the site so that the visitor has the optimal experience while viewing our site;
- Information about your visits to and use of CIVARA.com/Academy including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Information that you enter when you complete an order on CIVARA.com/Academy—for example, your name, address, birthday, educational details, and employment details;
- Information, such as your name and email address, that you enter to better respond to you and or send you course scheduling information;
- Information that you enter while using the services and forms on CIVARA.com/Academy;
- Information that is generated while using CIVARA.com/Academy, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through CIVARA.com/Academy, which includes your name, address, telephone number, and email address. All credit card details are only used by our bank and the specific credit card transactions. CIVARA Academy does not keep credit card information ever.
- Information that you post to CIVARA.com/Academy with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- Any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through CIVARA.com/Academy will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- Administering CIVARA.com/Academy and business;
- Personalizing CIVARA.com/Academy for visitor use;
- Enabling your use of the services available on CIVARA.com/Academy;
- Sending you goods purchased through CIVARA.com/Academy;
- Supplying services purchased through CIVARA.com/Academy;
- Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- Sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Sending you any information you have requested, including potential newsletters;
- Sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties that we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information: we do not divulge email addresses or other personally identifiable information – PII);
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to CIVARA.com/Academy;
- Keeping CIVARA.com/Academy secure and preventing fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of CIVARA.com/Academy (including monitoring private messages sent through CIVARA.com/Academy private messaging service); and
- Other uses.
We will not supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Emails we send
After requesting information from CIVARA.com/Academy, filling out a course application form, etc., we will provide you with a series of emails fulfilling your requests.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
A Special Note About Children
Children are not eligible to use our services unsupervised and we ask that children (under the age of 14) not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use this service only in conjunction with permission and guidance from your parents or guardians.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Retaining personal information
- This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Without prejudice, we generally delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
- personal data type will be deleted within one year of cease of use
- Notwithstanding the other provisions, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through CIVARA.com/Academy will be protected by encryption technology by both the Academy and the banking institution processing the transaction(s).
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing CIVARA.com/Academy confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to CIVARA.com/Academy); the latter generally refers only to professional training departments related to law enforcement and special operations groups.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on CIVARA.com/Academy. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- The payment of a fee $75; and
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address, as well as a copy of the front and back of your drivers license – all forms of ID must be legally notarized).
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
CIVARA.com/Academy will sometimes include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- The names of the cookies that we use on CIVARA.com/Academy, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- We use Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to recognize a computer when a user visits the website, to track users as they navigate the website
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- In Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- In Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- In Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- In Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
- Deleting cookies can have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Your information is safe with us. We do not sell or transfer it to anyone.